Frequently Asked Questions
CocoLaPalm has answered many of your common questions here. Look them over and if you have a questioned that is unanswered, please feel free to call us.
- What are the hours of operation at the resort?
We are always open, 365 days per year, 24 hours per day!
- Where are you located on the beach?
CocoLaPalm is located almost in the middle of the main part of the 7-Mile Beach, within a short walking distance of many beach activities, other restaurants, and reggae concerts.
- How much beachfront property do you have?
CocoLaPalm has nearly 300 Feet of beach with pure white sugar sand.
- Do you provide beach lounge chairs?
- Do you provide beach towels?
Yes, free of charge to all registered guests.
- Do you have security on property?
Yes, 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- How safe is it outside the resort?
Along the beach, shopping areas and tour destinations are all very safe.
- Is it safe to walk the beach at night?
We feel that it is generally quite safe; however, we do suggest the use of common sense.
- Does CocoLaPalm allow topless bathing?
Yes, we allow it on the beach only.
- Do you allow nude bathing?
No, this is strictly prohibited at CocoLaPalm.
- Can you arrange for tours?
Yes, our Coco Concierge would be happy to arrange for any tours.
- Do you have water sports available?
CocoLaPalm does not have its own water sports, however, our Coco Concierge would be happy to arrange any water sports activities you may be interested in.
- Is this a family resort?
- Is this a couple’s only resort?
- Do you have children’s activities?
No. Not at the present time
- Can CocoLaPalm arrange for babysitters?
- How often do you refurbish and upgrade the rooms?
It is CocoLaPalm’s policy to maintain the hotel and all of its furnishings in a manner that one would expect from any quality hotel or resort.
- What are your room sizes and how many people can fit into each room?
- Do the Junior Suites have separate bedrooms?
- Do you have any connecting rooms?
Yes. Standard Suites are connecting rooms with center living area. Several Superior Rooms also connect to a Deluxe Room.
- Are there CD Players in each room?
- Do you have hair dryers?
Yes, permanently installed in the Junior Suites, available at front desk for other rooms.
- Do you have any handicapped rooms?
- Are there any barriers for handicapped to get to the beach?
- Can we request a certain room?
Yes, however the hotel reserves the right to change the room as long as it is equal to or better.
- How far in advance should we book to insure the room we want?
We suggest that you book your favorite room well in advance. Many of our returning guests will book prime times a year in advance.
- How many ocean front rooms do you have?
There are 11 Beach Front Rooms.
- What rooms would fit an extra rollaway?
This depends upon the room. Please consult your Travel Agent or our Office.
- Are there bathtubs in each room?
No, only the Honeymoon Suite has both a whirlpool tub and shower.
- What does the honeymoon suite offer?
Ocean front, soft furnishings, original bamboo bed (king), couch, coffee table, dining table, large bathroom with hairdryer, Jacuzzi and separate shower, fridge, coffee maker, safe and wet bar.
- Do the windows have screens?
- Do you have non-smoking rooms?
We do not have designated non-smoking rooms.
- What do the Standard Suites have in the kitchenettes?
The Standard Suites do not have kitchenettes but rather a wet bar room. We do not furnish silverware, dishes or plates.
- Do you have swimming pools?
Yes, there are two pools on the property.
- Do you have a restaurant at CocoLaPalm?
Yes, we have two. The Main Restaurant for breakfast and dinner and the Beach Bar and Grill for lunch.
- Do you have all-inclusive meal plans?
No, we encourage our guests to try other restaurants on both the beach and the cliffs.
- What does European Plan include?
EP or European Plan indicates that meals are not included within your room rate.
- How much are dinners at the restaurant?
Dinners will range from U$ 8.00 and up with Nightly Specials offered.
- Do you have a children’s menu?
- What day is CocoLaPalm’s Cocktail Party?
Monday from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Is it safe to drink the water?
- Do you have vegetarian dishes?
- How far away are you from other restaurants?
There are many restaurants with walking distance. Others may require a short taxi ride.
- Do you provide transfers to and from the airport?
We do not operate a taxi service, however, we can make any arrangement for transfer from the airport to CocoLaPalm upon your request with a taxi service approved by CocoLaPalm.
- How much are transfers?
Transfers can vary based upon number of people and required vehicle.
- Can we make airline reservations?
No, however we will be glad to give you the phone numbers for airline transportation to and from Negril.
- How much is it to fly from Montego Bay to Negril?
Do to price changes, please check with your Travel Agent or our Reservation Office.
- Do I need to get a car?
No, the use of taxis is highly recommended.
- Do you have special deals?
Occasionally, register on our site to receive special offers.
- Do you have a weekly rate and is it different from the nightly rate?
- Can you “upgrade” from special offers?
- Can a returning guest get 10% off from special offers?
- Are there extra charges for additional persons?
All rooms are based upon double occupancy. Additional persons are charged USD $34.16 per day, per person.
- Do you offer special rates during the “high season”?
Yes, for registered users.
- Can we be put on a waiting list for a certain date?
Yes, only if that date is already booked, otherwise a deposit is required.
- Do you offer senior discounts?
Yes, 10% for AARP members with I.D. Multiple discounts are not allowed.
- Do you offer AAA discounts?
Yes, 10% for AAA members with proper I.D. Multiple discounts are not allowed.
- Are there returning guest discounts?
Yes, we offer a 10% discount, based upon rack rate and upon verification, to all all guests that return within eighteen months. Multiple discounts are not allowed.
- Do you have a single person rate?
- Is there an extra charge for a rollaway bed?
Yes, U$ 15.00 per rollaway per day.
- Up to what age do you consider a child?
- Do you offer travel agent discounts?
- Do you offer airline employee discounts?
- What are the names of the tour operators that offer both air and room packages?
We are affiliated with almost all of the major Tour Operators.
- Can and when can you upgrade from a package purchase?
Upgrades are available upon check-in only at upgrade rates and upon availability.
- What is your cancellation policy?
14 days summer, 21days winter, 30 days for Christmas/New Years.
- Do you offer group rates?
Yes, please contact our Reservation Office for quotes or one of the Tour Operators.
- Do you take “Spring Breakers”?
Only on an individual room basis. No special discounts or group sales.
- Can we get married at the resort?
- What are the costs of a wedding at the resort?
Generally weddings cost U$ 695.00, however, please contact our Reservation Office for any further information.
- Can we change currency at the hotel?
- Do you have Internet access?
Yes, at three separate locations within CocoLaPalm.
- Is there a grocery store near by?
No, we suggest going to town for the largest selection and best quality.
- Is there a liquor store nearby?
Yes, within walking distance.
- How much is it for golfing?
Green fees are U$ 57.50, cart U$ 36.00, caddie U$ 14.00, club rental U$ 24.00. (All rates are subject to change at any time.)
- What are the employment opportunities at CocoLaPalm?
Due to government regulations, we only employ local Jamaicans.
- Which months are considered the rainy months?
Generally it would be April, May, October and November, however, that is not always true.
- What is the temperature and how should I dress?
Year around in the 80’s. Negril and CocoLaPalm are very casual and laid back.
- How many miles is it to town or the cliffs?
2.5 miles to town and 5.5 miles to the top of cliffs.
- What is the best way to make a phone call out of the country?
There are several ways to call out of the country and there are more being added each day. We do not keep track of the different ways. You can certainly call out of the country from your room.
- What is the cost to call out of the country?
This will vary depending upon the service used.
- Do cell phones work in Jamaica?
Although some cell phones will work, we do not have a list of which ones.
- Are there irons and ironing boards in the rooms?
No, they are available at the front desk.
- Where are you located on the beach?
Almost in the middle of the main part of the beach, within short walking distance of many beach activities, other restaurants, and reggae concerts.
- What does "RUN of HOUSE" mean?
"RUN of HOUSE" when used with any specials or "HOT DEALS" means that the resort has the right to assign you to any room category during your stay at CocoLaPalm. You may also have to switch rooms during your stay.