Frequently Asked Questions
CocoLaPalm has answered many of your common questions here. Look them over and if you have a questioned that is unanswered, please feel free to call us.
- What are the hours of operation at the resort?
We are always open, 365 days per year, 24 hours per day!
- Where are you located on the beach?
CocoLaPalm is located almost in the middle of the main part of the 7-Mile Beach, within a short walking distance of many beach activities, other restaurants, and reggae concerts.
- How much beachfront property do you have?
CocoLaPalm has nearly 300 Feet of beach with pure white sugar sand.
- Do you provide beach lounge chairs?
- Do you provide beach towels?
Yes, free of charge to all registered guests.
- Do you have security on property?
Yes, 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- How safe is it outside the resort?
Along the beach, shopping areas and tour destinations are all very safe.
- Is it safe to walk the beach at night?
Yes, it is usually quite safe; however, we recommend going in groups rather than alone.
- Does CocoLaPalm allow topless bathing?
- Do you allow nude bathing?
No, this is strictly prohibited at CocoLaPalm.
- Can you arrange for tours?
Yes, our Coco Concierge would be happy to arrange for any tours.
- Do you have water sports available?
CocoLaPalm does not have its own water sports, however, our Coco Concierge would be happy to arrange any water sports activities you may be interested in.
- Is this a family resort?
- Is this a couple’s only resort?
- Do you have children’s activities?
No. Not at the present time
- Can CocoLaPalm arrange for babysitters?
- How often do you refurbish and upgrade the rooms?
It is CocoLaPalm’s policy to maintain the hotel and all of its furnishings in a manner that one would expect from any quality hotel or resort.
- What are your room sizes and how many people can fit into each room?
- Do the Junior Suites have separate bedrooms?
- Do you have any connecting rooms?
Yes. Standard Suites are connecting rooms with center living area. Several Superior Rooms also connect to a Deluxe Room.
- Are there CD Players in each room?
- Do you have hair dryers?
Yes, permanently installed in the Junior Suites, available at front desk for other rooms.
- Do you have any handicapped rooms?
- Are there any barriers for handicapped to get to the beach?
- Can we request a certain room?
Yes, however the hotel reserves the right to change the room as long as it is equal to or better.
- How far in advance should we book to insure the room we want?
We suggest that you book your favorite room well in advance. Many of our returning guests will book prime times a year in advance.
- How many ocean front rooms do you have?
There are 11 Beach Front Rooms.
- What rooms would fit an extra rollaway?
This depends upon the room. Please consult your Travel Agent or our Office.
- Are there bathtubs in each room?
No, only the Honeymoon Suite has both a whirlpool tub and shower.
- What does the honeymoon suite offer?
Ocean front, soft furnishings, original bamboo bed (king), couch, coffee table, dining table, large bathroom with hairdryer, Jacuzzi and separate shower, fridge, coffee maker, safe and wet bar.
- Do the windows have screens?
- Do you have non-smoking rooms?
Our rooms are all non-smoking. Smoking is allowed in designated public areas including the beach.
- What do the Standard Suites have in the kitchenettes?
The Standard Suites do not have kitchenettes but rather a wet bar room. We do not furnish silverware, dishes or plates.
- Do you have swimming pools?
Yes, there are two pools on the property.
- Do you have a restaurant at CocoLaPalm?
Yes, we have two. The Main Restaurant for breakfast and dinner and the Beach Bar and Grill for lunch.
- Do you have all-inclusive meal plans?
No, we encourage our guests to try other restaurants on both the beach and the cliffs.
- What does European Plan include?
EP or European Plan indicates that meals are not included within your room rate.
- How much are dinners at the restaurant?
Dinners will range from U$ 8.00 and up with Nightly Specials offered.
- Do you have a children’s menu?
- What day is CocoLaPalm’s Cocktail Party?
Monday from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Is it safe to drink the water?
- Do you have vegetarian dishes?
- How far away are you from other restaurants?
There are many restaurants with walking distance. Others may require a short taxi ride.
- Do you provide transfers to and from the airport?
We can arrange transfers one-way or round-trip transfers from the airport to CocoLaPalm upon your request with a taxi service approved by CocoLaPalm.
- How much are transfers?
Transfer costs vary based upon number of persons. Group transfers can also be arranged. Contact the resort directly at 1-800-896-0987 to make enquiries.
- Can we make airline reservations?
Calls to your airline can be facilitated by the telephone operator. The call charges will then be added to your room folio.
- Do I need to get a car?
No, the use of taxis is highly recommended.
- Do you have special deals?
Occasionally, register on our site to receive special offers. Also check the "HOT DEALS" frequently for the best rates.
- Do you have a weekly rate and is it different from the nightly rate?
- Can you “upgrade” from special offers?
- Do you offer discounts to Repeat Guests?
Yes, 10% off the Rack Rate.
- Are there extra charges for additional persons?
All rooms are based upon double occupancy. Additional persons are charged USD $41.00 each per day
- Do you offer special rates during the “high season”?
Yes, for registered users.Also check the "HOT DEALS" frequently for the best possible rates.
- Can we be put on a waiting list for a certain date?
Yes, only if that date is already booked, otherwise a deposit is required.
- Do you offer senior discounts?
Yes, 10% for AARP members with I.D. Discounts are non-combinable and multiple discounts are not allowed.
- Do you offer AAA discounts?
Yes, 10% for AAA members with proper I.D. Discounts are non-combinable and multiple discounts are not allowed.
- Are there returning guest discounts?
Yes, we offer a 10% discount, based upon rack rate and upon verification, to all all guests that return within eighteen months. Multiple discounts are not allowed.
- Do you have a single person rate?
- Is there an extra charge for a rollaway bed?
Yes, U$ 18.00 per rollaway per night.
- Up to what age do child rates apply?
Child rates apply up to the child's 12th birthday.
- Do you offer travel agent discounts?
- Do you offer airline employee discounts?
- What are the names of the tour operators that offer both air and room packages?
We are affiliated with almost all of the major Tour Operators.
- Can and when can you upgrade from a package purchase?
Upgrades are available upon check-in only at upgrade rates and upon availability.
- What is your cancellation policy?
14 days prior to arrival summer, 21days prior to arrival winter, 30 days prior to arrival for Christmas/New Years.
- Do you offer group rates?
Yes, please contact our sales department at 1-800-896-0987 or call your Travel Agent.
- Do you take “Spring Breakers”?
Only on an individual room basis. No special discounts or group sales.
- Can we get married at the resort?
- What are the costs of a wedding at the resort?
Weddings start at US$695.00 and final pricing depends on the components requested. Please contact us at 1-800-896-0987 for additional information.
- Can we change currency at the hotel?
- Do you have Internet access?
Yes, Wi-Fi is provided free to our registered guests, and is accessible in all public areas including the beach.
- Is there a grocery store near by?
WE recommend that you go to mid-town Negril in order to get greater variety and better prices.
- Is there a liquor store nearby?
Yes, within walking distance.
- How much is it for golfing?
Green fees are U$ 57.50, cart U$ 36.00, caddie U$ 14.00, club rental U$ 24.00. (All rates are subject to change at any time.)
- What are the employment opportunities at CocoLaPalm?
Due to government regulations, we only employ local Jamaicans.
- Which months are considered the rainy months?
Generally it would be May to November.
- What is the temperature and how should I dress?
Year-round temperatures are in the 80’s. CocoLaPalm offers casual, laidback ambiance so for dressing, think comfortable and casual.
- How many miles is it to town or the cliffs?
2.5 miles to town and 5.5 miles to the top of cliffs.
- What is the best way to make a phone call out of the country?
Calls can be made through the Telephone Operator by dialing 0 from your room or by visiting the Front Desk. The charges can be settled immediately or added to your room folio for settlement on check-out.
- What is the cost to call out of the country?
This will vary depending on the duration of the call and where your call is directed.
- Do cell phones work in Jamaica?
Cell phones do work, however if your service carrier does not allow roaming, it is recommended to utilize the telephone operator or purchase a local SIM card.
- Are there irons and ironing boards in the rooms?
Yes, these are in all rooms.
- Where are you located on the beach?
CocoLaPalm is in the middle of the 7-Mile Beach Strip. We are a short walk away from other restaurants, shopping and entertainments.
- What does "RUN of HOUSE" mean?
"RUN of HOUSE" means that no particular category will be confirmed, and the resort will assign you to any room category that is available for your stay. Longer stays may involve a room change.